Auditing Cash with Highline is a simple process, which provides a high degree of visibility to cash on hand, a simple process for employees to execute, and allows managers the ability to proactively identify and address any Loss Prevention Issues.
Because Highline is a cloud based system auditing information is available in real-time anywhere that a user has internet connectivity and a browser, making it ideal for monitoring from headquarters.
Steps For Auditing Cash
- From the Location page Click on the 'Registers' Link to access the Register Audit functionality.
- Hint: To quickly find your store location use the built in search bar!
- Click on the 'Audit' link for the register you want to audit. If your store has multiple register drawers you will see them here.
- The 'Expected Amount' is the total that has been tendered since the last audit. This number cannot be edited.
- Count the drawer and enter the amount in the 'Actual Amount' field.
- Remove cash that is in excess of the register float and deposit in safe.
- Enter the 'New Starting Amount'. This is considered the register float and is the starting amount for the next Audit.
- Click 'Update Cash Register' when you are done with steps 2-4.
- Once you have completed the Audit the user will have the opportunity to see at a glance any discrepancies in the drawer, allowing a manager to identify possible Loss Prevention or Training issues.