Highline allows the user to set the tax rate by location and by category through the Web App. However, sometimes a retailer wants to process an individual sale as non-taxed, even though it would normally be taxed. Highline allows the retailer to perform a non-taxable sale through the iOS App.
Steps to Perform a Non-Taxable Sale
- Select 'Sales' on the bottom of the screen
- Select '+' at the top of the screen
- Scan the barcode of the product or search for it
- Select the 'Menu' icon at the top of the screen
- Select 'Non Taxable'
- Click '+' or scan that product again or scan a different product if the customer wishes to buy more than one product and skip to step 7. However, if the customer only wants one quantity of one item, finish the sale as you would do for a normal sale. It will charge tax but will then modify the order to return the tax amount. This means just swipe the card again to return the tax. If you do not wish to swipe the card twice, just press '+' before swiping the card even once and, then move on to step 7.
- Select '-' to get rid of that product if the customer does not wish to purchase that item and/or that quantity of it. Notice that tax is not being charged
- Finish the sale as you would do for a normal sale