Sometimes customers need to pay using cash, credit and/or a gift card/Passbook®. Highline has a simple way to tender a split transaction.
Steps to tender a split transaction
- Select the Sales Menu from the bottom of the Highline App.
- Select the '+' button or start to scan items with barcodes. Highline will automatically start the order once an item has been scanned
- Add a customer to the order. This is optional, but important as it allows you to track customer purchases provide receipts via email.
- Scan or add inventory items using the search feature
- Click on 'Tender Credit/ Gift Card'
Note: Credit Cards must be done first in this transaction
- Select the amount paid with credit card
- Scan Credit Card
- Have customer sign the screen
- To pay the remaining balance in cash, select the 'Menu'
- Click 'Tender Cash'
- Enter the tendered amount
- Scan Barcode that represents the virtual drawer.
- Email or print the receipt
Note: Passbooks® and gift cards can be used for a split transaction as well. The steps for using them in a split transaction are the same as the steps for using a credit card in a split transaction (steps 5, 7 and 8) except use the Passbook® or gift card instead of a credit card. Those steps can be repeated in the transaction so that you can do a transaction with any combination of credit, Passbook®, gift card and cash as long as cash is last.